Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

The First Thanksgiving



No, it is not 1621, and we are not pilgrims, but it is my first thanksgiving. It was a time when Mom, Dad and I sat down and gave thanks to God for His provision throughout the year, just like the pilgrims did in 1621. This is one of the religious holidays declared by Congress to be Federal Holidays.
As you can see from the table, God provided generously as He always does. I could only eat sweet potatoes for my first thanksgiving dinner as you see in the picture but next year I am going to get after the whole meal.
And that tree you see in the background, that is for the celebration of the other religious Federal Holiday, Christmas. Christmas is when we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus was God's gift to man.
Didn't mom do a great job decorating the tree and with the meal?
See you next time!
James

No comments:

Post a Comment